viernes, 11 de mayo de 2012

Living in changes time


Living in a time to change concepts of things that I believed for a long time. One subject that he I could not understand was God`s grace and his power toward us.
Chatting, teasing and discussing with a long-life friend, little by little light began to get into my spirit, and began to get my mind satisfied.
I remember time ago I was talking with a brother about the word antinomianism; word that it means lawless; And I made the mistake to catalogue believers that they were believing in the grace as those than as right now they do not get under law they can live sinning at his fancy.
I did not have same common sense that I had when I learned about God's righteousness, that God's righteousness was not a license to sin but what we are in Christ.
Paul tells us In Titus 2:11-15: “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live sensibly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a people for his own, zealous of good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise you.”
Here I find the answer to my mental problem; believing in grace was not giving me a license to sin rather itself it was teaching me not to do it, since it became manifest in order to my salvation, and it gave me the victory over sin.
In Ephesians 2:8-10 we see the great truth that we are saved by grace, through the faith, without intervention of the works, without intervention of the works, that is, anything we make herein Earth will give us salvation rather he is God's free gift, the works will come as a consequence of the power of God's grace in our lifes.
Ephesians 2:8-10
8  For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.

Then the works we make as believers, are not to obtain the salvation that we received by grace, but for the fact of having been born again.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario